Caroline Bowyer, pharmacist will be talking about her work at the practice in relation to prescriptions and medicines.
The talk will take place in the surgery waiting room. Tea and coffee will be available along with a raffle.
All patients are welcome to attend this interesting talk
Please note: Carolyn is employed by the Falkland Surgery, and she and the surgery have no connection with the independently owned pharmacy opposite. Please contact them directly with any queries regarding their service
What is the PPG?
The Falkland Surgery has a Patient Participation Group made up of a number of patients who have volunteered to join the group along with the Practice Manager and Deputy Manager.
The PPG aims to support the practice in improving patient care. It does this by:
– Representing the views of patients regarding the work of our surgery
– Seeking ways to help improve the quality of services offered by our surgery
– Fundraising for specific items to benefit patient care
– Improving two-way communications between patients and surgery staff
– Liaison with other patient groups to share good practice
– Organising presentations on health topics
The PPG has been running for over 15 years. The PPG meets at the Falkland Surgery 6 times a year, currently on Monday afternoons.
Donations to the PPG are always welcome to supplement our fundraising and allow us to purchase items to benefit patient care. Purchases in the last year include two electric examination couches, a ceiling mounted examination light and twenty automatic blood pressure monitors. Completing a Gift Aid form (available on this site) increases the value of your donation by 25%.
Contact us via the practice, or post a note in our dedicated post box by the reception desk.
Would you like to join the Falkland Surgery Patient Participation Group?
– Are you interested in seeing how your surgery is run?
– Do you feel you can contribute and help improve your local health service?
– What changes would you like to see made?
– How can we improve to help you?
– Do you want to volunteer yourself to represent patient views?
Contact the practice for more information, or complete the application form available on this site